Corona Virus and Its Remedy
We are now several months into corona virus pandemic, which was first detected in Wuhan a town of China. Many of the Muslim world is still struggling to coup up to terms with the scope of its impact. Governments around the world have put in place for effective measures aiming to halt the spread of its deadly impact. These wear occurred or faced deadly virus not to obey the Quran and the Hadith direction. Allah says in the holy Quran. “Do not go near fornication and it is immoral and an evil way” (Surah Al- Isra verse 32).
The whole world was subjected to pandemic that was called Spanish Influenza in 1920 that killed more than 5 corer people; later one hundred one year that the whole world has to be exposed to another deadly disease called by the scientist Corona virus or Covid-19.
Symptoms of corona virus and where did it come from? Prof. Stephen Turner, head of the department of microbiology at Melbourne’s Monash University, says what’s most likely is that virus originated in bats. But that’s where his certainty ends, he says. On the hypothesis that the virus emerged at the Wuhan’s live animal market from an interaction between an animal and a hunt, Turner says: “I don’t think it’s conclusive by any means.”
(1) Increasing of obscenity: the main reason for granting us corona virus as a punishment increasing of pornography, fornication in this world. Allah says in holy Quran: “My Lord has forbidden repugnant acts, whether open it disguised, sin and unjust oppression, associating others with Allah of which he sent down on authority and saying things of Allah of which you have no knowledge “. (Surah Al-Aaraf verse- 33). “There are three levels of obscenity: level (1) women move unveil or reckless, level (2) women victims’ eabteasing, level (3) women victims’ mass rape at present. We observe this situation for this reason Allah grant us corona virus.
(2) Oppressing of ‘Uighur’ Muslims and Muslims minority by non-muslim: unfortunately, the largest mass massacre occuring in the world today, is this miserable reality!!! While most Muslim minorities oppressed by the non-Muslim nations. At times, though decreasingly, received support, charity or at least some lip service from Muslim majority countries, but the Uyghur’s don’t get any of either. The Uyghur’s and other Turkic minorities in China are being subjected to the most brutal forms of oppression and the the Chinese governments so-called “Re-Education Camps” are holding over a million of them out of sight!!!
(3) Allah say’s in the holy Quran: “Such is the attack of your lord when he seizes the (population) towns while they are doing wrong. Verily his seizure is painful and severe” (Surah Hud verse- 102). Allah says in other verse ” The event (the hour or the punishment of disbelievers and polytheist or the Islamic low or commandments) designed by Allah will come to pass so seek not to hasten it. Glorified and exalted be the above all that they associate as partners within”. The words of those who said it is a threat from Allah to the people of disbelief to him and his messenger and informing him of them near the plague of them and prediction by saying to the almighty so he indicated that the polytheist and his promises to them. That Allah forbade us false testimony and consuming people’s wealth unlawfully for this Allah Grant us corona virus as a reminder.
(4) Following the non-Muslims ritual: another major reason for the emergence of corona virus not to obey the rules of Allah and his prophet (SM) and accept or follow the non- Muslims, disbeliever’s customs, ritual and Ideal. Allah forbade the Muslim community not to follow the non-Muslims customs, not to accept them as bosom friend. Allah says in the holy Quran “Those who believe should not take in unbelievers as their friends in preference to those who believe and whoever does so should have no of creator (Surah Al-Imran, verse- 28).
(5) Not to take illegal foods: Allah say’s in the holy Quran: ” what is lawful for them all things are lawful for you that are clean and what the trained hunting (animal / birds) take for you as you have trained them”. (Surah Al- Mayeda, verse- 4).
(6) Corona virus a soldier of Allah: in an unusual sermon, Jordanian MP, former minister, and lecturer at the University of Amman Muhammad Abdul amid Qudah called the corona virus a “soldier of Allah” and said it had been sent to punish both the Western and Muslims. He claimed Allah is angry with the world, especially Muslims, because they have failed to obey him.
Corona virus and its remedy:
(1) Don’t enter covid19 infected area. On many occasions, the prophet Muhammad (SM) advised his companions to value their lives as the utmost importance over death. In his numerous speeches urging people to stay away from places where there were epidemics. Our prophet speaks about the concept of quarantine fourteen hundred years ago one of the widely known hadith’s “when you hear that Toowoon (a plague) is in a land that you are already in, then don’t leave the place, fleeing from it”.
(2) Islam’s priority: in different instance, the prophet Muhammad (SM) demonstrated his diluteness of demanding for death under any circumstances. None of you should wish for death due to a calamity that has afflicted him “prophet Muhammad (SM) said in of his famous hadtih, urging Muslim’s to find legitimate and protective ways to survive”. Islam has priorities about life, urging Mulims to protect five main things during their life times. They protect life to protect intelligence, to protect faith, to protect financial belongings and lastly to protect offspring,
(3) Obey the law of the country: Abdullah Ibn Umar (Rd.) narrates that the messenger of Allah said “it is necessary upon a Muslim to listen to and obey the ruler, as long as one is not ordered to carry out a sin” (Sahih Al- Bukhari 2796 & Sunan E Tirmizi).
(4) Maintain social distance and don’t shake hands if not necessary: put distance between yourself and other people if Corona virus is spreading in your community. The prophet gives utmost importance to his own health and public health. When he was in Medina and was about to make an agreement with one of the delegation, he refused to shake hands with one of them (from the delegation). Who had a contagious disease, sending him back (to where he came from).
We are witnessing the terrible consequences on Earth. Allah say’s in the holy Quran “Man will fly from his brother; mother and father, as well as wife and children each will have enough attentions on own self that day.” In this year of the world, I can hear – ya nafsi ya nafsi, in this world there is love, there are love ones. There are bonds of life; there are people who live side by side in times of distress. A lethal virus despite so many things! How deadly a virus making people self centered even after having so much!! Fear is the only one. I can be infected too. I can die if I get attacked. If you’re attacked you will pass away. As the covid-19 virus continues to spread across the globe; we pray that every single member of our community and their loved ones remain healthy and well. We pray to Allah to guide humanity to find a cure to this and all other diseases!!!